Design Inspiration: Natural Elements
With so much beauty surrounding us, it’s no wonder that designs often take inspiration from natural elements – and we love when they’re used as creative embellishments for laser cut pieces. In honor of Earth Day, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite laser cut designs that all incorporate the beauty of nature. But these environmentally themed ideas aren’t just reserved for Earth Day, we think they’re also perfect year-round. Take a look at these seven unique designs, and read on for more details.
How do you plan to take part in Earth Day, today and everyday? Let us know in the comments!
1. This promotional brochure for a safari themed resort features intricate laser cut animals on multiple panels to bring the excitement of the vacation to the brochure itself.
2. Floral themes have long been popular in greeting card designs – but when they’re laser cut, the card is taken to a new level of elegance.
3. A tropical themed resort brochure is brought to life with laser cut motifs that depict indigenous plants, animals, and local landmarks, giving potential vacation goers a taste of what is to come.
4. The cover of this informational folder literally showcases the entire earth with a laser cut map of all seven continents that is accented by a red printed panel inside.
5. A delicate laser cut tree is prominently featured on front of this brochure and is highlighted against printed color on the inside panel giving it the realistic feel of a summer sunset.
6. Laser cutting is also a great way to add a three dimensional effect to an otherwise flat piece. Here, the butterfly wings are laser cut and slightly bent along a laser scored line to create the illusion that the butterfly is soaring off the page.
7. The front of this fashion show announcement uses a complex laser cut scene to depict birds perched on a branch. The laser cut design is precisely registered to printed details on both the outside and inside of the card. This level of detail wouldn’t be possible using metal die cutting.
We hope these nature-infused examples give you inspiration for your next design project. Click here to learn more about how laser cutting services can help you achieve your design goals. Happy Earth Day!